View Single Post
Old 01-01-11, 06:16 PM   #781
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@Stiebler: Best wishes for the new year!

I fear very much to manipulate the dZ value because it's the resulting value of a complex physical model which considers wave amlitudes, ship mass, displacement and so on. It is never constant, since it also controls the Subs movement in Z direction on the waves. If I simply change dZ or add a small value to it, the Z-position of the ship is no more consistent to the physical model and surrounding conditions. So in my tests I had flying Uboats as well as a crew on the bridge when submerged (which indeed is nothing new for sh5 players). I didn't manage to fine-adjust the dZ value to realize a similar behaviour to the Anti-Hummingbird mod: very slow sinking.

If I add a very slow offset to dZ, the physical model corrects this disturbance, so that my manipulation has no effect.

If I add a bigger offset to dZ, the physical model isn't able to correct my manipulation and the sub goes down or begins to fly.

So I think the only way to get negative buoyancy is to affect the mass / displacement proportion of the ship, in order to have always a correct Z value according to the surrounding physical conditions. But unfortunately, until now I did not find a way to manipulate the mass / displacement proportion.

I like the Anti-Hummingbird mod, which I use in my private SH3 installation. What is wrong with it? What is the weak point, which you want to eliminate?

h.sie

Edith: I think dZ in Sh3Sim.act+30DF5 isn't the right place for a manipulation, but it can lead us to the right place. I gave you that information about Sh3Sim.act, hoping you could help. Two seekers are better than one.

Last edited by h.sie; 01-02-11 at 04:31 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote