View Single Post
Old 04-10-17, 08:29 PM   #7068
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0
Default Different flotilla, problem gone!

Decided to try again to get GWX going without crashes.
Since i concluded that it wasnt a mod compatibility issue, i decided to load up my old mod list, with xtra stuff. So i reinstalled SH3 and GWX (again), and activated the following modlist:

GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX Minor Tweaks V1.0*
M.E.P v6
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1_no blur
DasBoot Music Mod
Widescreen MaGui v3.4-SA
WideScreen MaGui v3.4-SA FIX for GWX v3
MaGUI Tweaks V1.1 ***
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
damage texture 1.0**

So i loaded my last "in base before mission" save (same one as before), and sure enough, got the same convoy report, near Gibraltar, and as soon as i approached, CTD.

I then loaded the same save again, but this time i changed flotillas from the 2nd, to the 1st. And i changed my flak gun about 50 times just to advance time. I moved forward by about 4 months, to late 1941.
This time i completed 3 patrols, intercepted 3 different convoys (several attacks to each one), one of them near Gibraltar, with zero CTDs!

Here is the intercept on the convoy near Gibraltar (note the grid, its almost the same one as before) but this time in late 1941 and from 1st flotilla, This time the ships were not on fire as i arrived, and the game dint CTD later when i approached and engaged them.

Just to be sure it wasnt a mod problem, i deactivated my mods, and loaded up the exact same list i posted a few posts back, 1 more patrol with convoy interceptions without issues. So i reactivated my latest list (the one in this post)

It does seem to me, that there is something in the convoy(s?) arround gibraltar in mid 1940 that caused my game to CTD. And that something dissapears later in the game. Because each and every time i approached those convoys game would CTD, but now i have approached many without issue.
And besides, if there is no error on those convoys, why were its ships on fire?

In any case, im happy to report that GWX is running fine again. Im now alternating between GWX and NYGM one patrol each (i have different installations and "SH3" save folders of course), and having a blast again.
Thanks to everyone for your help!

* GWX Minor Tweaks V1.0 is a very simple mod i made for GWX that:
1.- Restores the game's music (or in my case the dasboot music).

2.- Gets rid of the super annoying "beep! beep! beep! beep!"x100 every time i get a radio message, and just has the radioman saying "New radio message sir". (all the beeping felt like i had the roadrunner running arround on my uboat! lol)

3.- Restores the renown awarded for reaching and completing your patrol objectives.

4.- Restores the days in base to 31 instead of GWXs 20.

** Damage texture 1.0 is just 2 .tga files that replace the damage visuals on ships (deckgun & torpedo impacts). I dont like the default ones, that instead of holes, look like someone put out a cigarette on the ship.

*** MaGui tweaks Just replaces the map tools with larger ones, and a couple of cosmetic details to magui ui.

Last edited by Benzin1973; 04-10-17 at 10:06 PM. Reason: just adding some info
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote