View Single Post
Old 12-28-09, 09:44 AM   #4
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

oh! no I do not get any error messages Tarrasque; it installs without complaint, I put the 1.4b patch on ( that right?) and then I have to do nocd (sorry mods) as it will not run otherwise, then I upgrade to GWX 3.00, activate the two mods I want ( Das Boot and visibility), and all works fine through the intro - then, nothing, just a black screen. Last time I installed I think I got sound as well, but this time just a black screen. I can't access Task Manager either, which means I have to shut the machine off by pressing the button, and that gives me an error message in event viewer, but no error messages in there in respect of the game.

So now I am puzzled as to what the problem is... do you have any problem with the security? I don't get given the screen to put the Game PID in when installing - it seems not to recognise the OS - Do you have the disk that requires the key to be entered? Also, may I ask what graphics card you have?

I have also tried running the game without GWX - same result

What you say makes me think that the problem is with the key, and so, if I got the later version of SH3 that did not need the key to be entered, all would be well......

Irish, indeed I have a non-C logical drive for the games, but that has not stopped the difficulties, sad to say. However, if you have it going OK, there is hope for me too, I just have to keep trying