View Single Post
Old 10-21-09, 12:03 AM   #114
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
dont just go by the editor, missions will work in the editor AND run in the game while still having a non stock ship in them that needs to be converted so you must open and read through the .mis file manually before calling it done.
I have not tested all missions ever written but here is what I think to be true:

A mission will not open in the 1.5 Mission Editor if it is a 1.4 mission or if it contains a non-stock ship that is not in a Random Group.

A mission will open in the editor with a non-stock ship IF that ship is in a Random Generated Group BUT it will warn you the ship is missing and tell you what ship it is.

And BTW these are the ones that are done here if you don't want to redo them.

110 is a 1.4 mission but it does play and I had no problems with it.

122 is a mission written for the Fuso BB not a submarine. And the Fuso is a playable MOD of mine, but I did not write the mission.

Here is an error message for the mission Yellow Sea, with a Random Generated Group, it shows which ship is not available. It's the DE again.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 10-21-09 at 12:54 AM.