View Single Post
Old 05-20-17, 06:44 AM   #9
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980
I'm talking about the Betty's that dive, drop bombs , then either fail to pull out or end up doing some wild cartwheel thing. Guessing they are too vulnerable and take damage from the bomb blast? Once in a while but it seems to happen a lot. Saw it happen twice in a patrol. I usually dive on plane contacts , the pop back up when clear and repeat as needed(if playing from 43 on and of course depends on area etc) bu was chasing a convoy and he was far enough out, so turned my stern to give low profile, it worked, or seemed to. Then came back roaring in, ordered a crash dive. I had external camera off BUT as we passed 100 feet, heard bomb explosions followed by the delayed sound of the plane hitting the water, and a marker appeared on map. Surfaced, dove, attacked, depth charged, got clear around dusk.Surfaced for end around and night surface attack. Another Betty from Hainan Island area zoomed in. SD only picked up at 5.5 miles some reason, ordered crashed dive as we passed 80 feet, bombs shook the sub, then plane crashed again. Definitely a bug. I recall someone fixed it, forget how or if there is a mod etc.

Thinking refdefining the Betty bomber as a patrol plane would help? However, it'd cause some conflicts in RSRD
So you're playing RSRDC? Watch its Avenger plane in the Museum for more than a couple of minutes. It takes a while, but it will nose up, then crash straight down.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote