Old 03-16-10, 05:08 PM   #119
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoman View Post
Edited

Q: What file or type of files should I look for, when finding out how the graphics for the torpedo tubes are positioned, on the system torpedo menu?

Linky, png image showing the menu editor

I want to either change the width of a piece of the graphics by scaling, or simply draw new graphics in a free area on the current texture file, and correct the positioning in the code.

Here is a problem I have, when trying to replace old torpedo graphics, with new ones that are some pixels wider:
The dark overlay graphics seen when reloading a torpedo tube, is located in a different .dds file than the one the torpedoes are in.
The dark overlay graphics, seem to be currently limited to a certain amount of pixels in width. This overlay is currently scaled up, but still does not cover the width of my new torpedo. And I don't know how to either scale it wider, or to simply draw a new but wider overlay in the texture file at some different posision in the .dds file.

As I have modeled two different shapes for the new torpedoes, one for the gas turbine and the other being the electric one, the dark overlay will only fit one type of torpedo shpae, the way things work currently. But this will have to do. I am only interested in the width issue, the shape of the mask is not really a problem.

I'm not sure if I've got what you are trying to do. But if its a case that your trying to enlarge the Black box that shows up when the torp is reloading.
Have you found the graphic for that image? If so not only would you have to make the black box larger to suit your new torp in a graphics editor but you would also have to remove that part of the alpha channel for it to show through.
And if your trying to make it smaller you do the opposite and add to the alpha channel.
Usually painting with white adds to the alpha channel and black removes.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote