View Single Post
Old 08-28-18, 09:07 AM   #8
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruprecht 69 View Post
Cheers for your valuable advice guys. I’ll try to carry out the downloads this week and see how I go, I’m a complete noob when it comes to the LAA stuff etc.
Probably really easy to do if you’re a confident PC user but to add some context, how many of you understand Cricket?! That’s what PCs are like to me!!!

I’ll check which version I’m running, it’s a disc from 2005 I think but I’ll defo confirm.
I used to play Silent Service on Sinclair Spectrum I think it was and I’ve loved sub games ever since. I’ve also got Silent Victory board game, excellent way to spend an afternoon on a cold dark winter day!
Dave
The most helpful utility by far will be LAA. When you open it the first time you will have to add the program you want it to "adjust". Click on the ADD tab, Choose FILES, and then look in the base folder to which you installed the game. Highlight the executable (in this case, SH4.exe) file in your selected game folder with your mouse. This action will add the directory\file name for your game to the list in LAA. Then check the box next to it, click on the "WITH SELECTED" tab, and then click on the FORCE LARGE ADDRESS AWARE tab. That's all there is to it. If you have other games you can simply add them as above. Just close LAA when you are finished adding and forcing games.

No strain, no pain (unlike a Yank trying to understand Cricket!).

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote