View Single Post
Old 06-12-12, 12:47 PM   #9
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

I have tried out

http://xamarin.com/monoforandroid

The advantage is you have a superior language (C#) and library (.NET) and can write your backend for all mobile platforms (Silverlight ->Windows Phone 7.1, Mono->Windows 8, iOS and Android)...that is you only need to build the UI (views) for each platform.

The disadvantage is that there is no free edition, that is license costs are pretty high...(not for Windows platforms, since there is the free Visual Studio Express edition available).

I have done some very small apps on Java/Android for personal usage...it is a productive (and free) environment but the main issue is that Java is quite inferior to C# (if you know C# well) and you cannot easily port the code to other mobile platforms.

Frankly, I do not fully understand the scope of your ideas. I mean I have a tablet+smartphone (Android) and have no issues (especially using the tablet) in navigating the subsim page...I understand that it is not comfortable to navigate on a smartphone but do a lot of people browse subsim on a phone? Do not know, I am not .
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote