View Single Post
Old 09-14-20, 10:04 AM   #13
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Pretty much agree with the above; we probably would have been better off just carrying on a continued action of finding and obliterating Taliban/Al Qaeda, etc., operations from the air rather than mounting an awkward, plodding ground troop assault; it also didn't help that various entities in the US government with their own AF agendas stymied actions that would have quite possibly put and end to a lot of what came after our initial invasion; the allowing of OBL to escape when we had him in our sights leaps to mind since that act of dereliction appears to have been more politically motivated than militarily sound...

...and, on the matter of pride, let's not forget the debacle of the Iraq war that seems to have been predicated on Dubbya wanting to prove he had a bigger pair that his dad...

<O>

I think thats what the U.S would have done under most circumstances /leadership.
Not sure I buy the idea of 'Dubbya' wanting to prove himself to Dad. Looking into his past reveals that it would have been a first for him really. I think it was more about returning favours to his former Haliburton mates and ilk who helped him in office in the first place, its seem to me that Cheney, select advisors & co were the real brains behind the Bush Jr admin.
back then War meant big business to alot of very infulential U.S Companies and Institutions.
But now everyones too broke to be doing that.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote