View Single Post
Old 07-20-18, 05:28 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

My grandfather had hunting dogs when I as a little boy, a wild bunch, but we played together. He also had a green parrot. A single one, which of course was not so good, but that was the time back then (60s and 70s), little understanding for the social needs of such animals.

At home, we first had a black collie, by fur looked like a border collie just in big size. Then came two Dachshounds, one with short and one with long hair. The short-haired was a battle tank, pure muscle, hard like wood the whole - huge - body. She had a psychic tick, but bullied away every dog stupid enough to approach her, she even fought and scared away dogs being much bigger in size. If it were not the looks of a Dachshound you would have sworn it was some pitbull-kind of dog, that muscular she was.The biggest, longest Dachshound I have ever seen. Nickname Kampfwurst - battle sausage. But she was shy, and gentle in character. She just could not stand other dogs, dogs hit her red button.

We had three budgies as well, extremely hand-tame and all day and night free, the cage never got locked, they even sat on our shoulders when we left the house for the garden. They were EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, always with us, and a constant source of noise and good moods. Budgies and parrots living free in a household are amazing, and wonderful.