View Single Post
Old 05-02-12, 05:25 AM   #81
11Bravo
Medic

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

@reaper7

I was able to test both apps, but in a limited way, as the performance of my old computer is not very good. My max time compression was 256 which prevents me from cruising very far. Here is what I found...

TimeZones app worked perfectly. The Mouse Time read the correct local Zone Time and the Screen Time read the correct GMT. Matched almanac sunrise and sunset times. Clocks changed crossing time zone lines and continuted to match almanac SR/SS times.

However, this deserves to be tested by someone with more horsepower under the computer case. I can recommend a proper testing regimen, based on my work in this thread, but improved with some other observations to make. If you want me to write it up, let me know.

Navigation app didn't seem to work as designed? Stock behavior only.

Fixing the clocks would be quite a coup. I will concentrate on understanding the stock behavior of the clocks to support your fix and educate those who wondered how those damn things worked all these years.

Great work reaper7!
"Sounds of terror are in his ears; While at peace the destroyer comes upon him." -- Job 15:21
11Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote