View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 03:58 PM   #7
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Hi, I ran into this weird issue. I returned to base and quit the patrol. Instead showing the next mission, the campaign quit and said I was dead. The campaign can't proceed any further. Is this a base game issue or mod issue? Was it because my captain got killed? But I got no message or notification of my captain being killed.

First i read youre post as an 1.April joke.
Why: Your Captain can not be killed allone, since _You_ are the Captain. When you are killed, how you are able to post here on Subsim then?!
You are the only Captain on your boat. There are no other Captains on your boat. The running Campaign is over when the Sub is lost, include you as the Captain and all your crew is dead, to destruction of the Sub the one way or the other, completely. You get a Message before this will occure. The so called "Screen of Death". There are also a Mod about this to delay this. The other way is the war will end, as the Campaign also, is somewhere in May 1945. The same as it was in reality. The last one i could never have done this by myself, since always come an new Mod, which has to force me to restart the Campaign.

But there are an very old FAQ from the beginning of SH3 (maybe not only on Ubi.com) which i quote here from "MacBeth_279" in german:

Quote:
Der Krieg ist viel zu früh beendet (1940, 1941, 1943)! Ich kann meine Speicherstände nicht laden !
Herzlichen Glückwunsch !!! Sie haben die alliierten Konvoirouten im Alleingang gekappt und den Tonnagekrieg gewonnen. Dank Ihrer Unterstützung konnte die Operation "Seelöwe" zu einem vollen Erfolg gebracht werden. Genießen Sie Ihr kühles Becks im Londoner Ritz Carlton !
<Career.cfg> öffnen und dann den Eintrag WarOver=true zu false ändern.
The essence mean: Look in [maybe? MyDocuments\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\YourName\] Career.cfg for an entry called "WarOver=true" and change this to "WarOver=false".

Evan this never happened to me, it must have happened to a lot other people, since it is introduced in an very early FAQ. And i think this will not work, when the war is over (real to its date 8 or 9th May 45).

Hope this helps.
Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote