View Single Post
Old 12-15-16, 09:57 AM   #11
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
Well, that's kinda the point of the mod. It's for someone who just wants to sit down and find stuff and blow it up. Not my style either. But it is what it is, as they say.
It is definitely defective, though.
I suspect the problem to be that it was made for an earlier version of the game, maybe v1.3 or v1.4 before the v1.5 we all use today.

there was another mod back then made by mush martin called uber boat I think, or something like that, and with that mod you could take on a task force while you were surfaced and sink the whole lot and survive (or maybe my memory exaggerates a little) but he got so much grief from "certain" members that he removed the mod and wouldn't even discuss it anymore which was a shame because even though some hate mods like that, sometimes its fun to play "God mode" and just blow stuff up like crazy.

if you like the mod then try this, open the files in the mod and make a list of all the files so you can create duplicate copies of those same unmodded game files from your game so you can then mod them to make changes to the same correlating files from your game. this way you will make a v1.5 compatible version of the mod the way the original modder had intended it to work and then if you decide to share the mod simply give full credit to him with an explanation of what you did to make it work for todays game

you would need to know some modding to do this because you need to open all the files in S3D and winmerge for checking the text files to see which values get changed and make the same changes to the current "up to date" game file used today, but it will not be hard and just takes time and the patience to do it.

Last edited by Webster; 12-15-16 at 11:04 AM.