View Single Post
Old 05-06-14, 03:15 PM   #56
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Tier 3 here too. Grinding Brits for a Wellie and the Jerries for an E3. I seem to be most successful with bombers, can't dogfight to save my bloody life.
For arcade mode set your controls Mouse aim, that's what everyone else does... not to hard then, so long as you don't try to dog fight using a wellington in historical, 90% of dog fights can be avoided just by staying high.

From what I've learned so far it seems the way to do it is:

Level Bomber, Level up to 2000lb x2 or 4000lb x1 bombs, stay at 5000ft bomb sensibly with the bomb sight and hope the fighters/ destroyers cant be bothered to make the tedious climb to get you. But if they do, always man the gunner yourself since the AI is not great, no point trying to manoeuvre / dodge/ dive because this will only postpone your death for a few seconds, but going to the gunner might well get you a lucky pilot or engine hit if he comes close enough (and they usually do)
But generally if a fighter approaches you at high altitude - and you are all alone, you are done.

Ground attack / destroyer / dive bomber / torpedo bomber
Stay reasonably close by to team mates so you can make a dash for them if you get caught with your pants down. But at about 3000-4000ft+ pick a ground or air target, quick dive attack/strafe (1 pass only) then GTFO back to high altitude on WEP. avoid getting in to turn fights at all costs.

Fighter:
If you want to play it safe, stay at about 2000-3000ft but, stick to your team mates like glue so they are just below you, do the same as dive bomber tactics, pick on unsuspecting 'low and slow' prey, hit them at the bottom of your dive (single pass) then climb out with your engines on WEP. Even in arcade, he will not be able to come after you. Reload and get back close to your team. Turn fighting can pay off but its exhausting and you always end up getting shot down eventually.

And in all cases, situational awareness is everything, constantly look around with the free view or at least glance at your radar every 20 seconds or so.

Last edited by JU_88; 05-06-14 at 03:52 PM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote