View Single Post
Old 08-23-14, 10:34 PM   #82
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom111 View Post
This is a mod I've been waiting for long time, in order to solve the unreal acceleration of the ships in game, mainly warships. I've tried Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix, but with TMO+RSRDC it has a weird effect: once the target ship knows it's under attack, because it see the torpedo trails or whatever, it starts a zig zag course but slows down instead of speed up

I hope you can reach your objectives with this mod in the shortest time possible.

I can promise that the old problem of super-rapid acceleration will be completely fixed. The problem of slowing due to constant helming, that you mention isn't due to Webster's or any mod. It is a stock issue. Turning ships will always slow down some; it is just a question of how much. I hope it will be less noticeable, as the turning should be better.

I am working intensely on this, in order to get it done. It isn't helping anyone's game as long as it's locked up in my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
glad to hear what program to you use to open the upc files with
The *.upc files can be opened with notepad. I've been going through them, using WinMerge to compare the RFB versions to what I am using. There is a lot of this crew minutia that I don't really understand, so it is slow going. I had to backtrack, after I realized I had based my files on the RFB 2.0 version, instead of using the version in the later patch. What fun!

Anyway, I've finished with the ships, and apart from the Narwhal, the subs, too.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote