View Single Post
Old 06-18-18, 12:24 PM   #45
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senf-Man82 View Post
I don't run very much next to gaming in general and as for mods; I tend to use never more than 4 at once (no large one) and usually one of my ship-mods I am working on. The funny thing is, all I have running + much more used to perfectly run on win7 (with an older much less powerful machine) and that's what get me...
As they say..... It's not the size of the worm that catches fish, it's how you wiggle it!

Since this older game was designed for specific computer specifications, having newer/better/bigger computers doesn't translate into better game play.

You need to check your Windows 10 setup and see if the NetFramework 4.0 is on your computer....it should be with Windows 10. Refer back to the earlier posts of this thread to know how to check for this.

Then you'll need to make sure you've downloaded the correct version of Large Address Aware that works with a 4.0 NetFramework......that's the download called "laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5.zip". If you've downloaded/installed the "laa_2_0_4.zip"....you've chosen wrongly.

If you have downloaded the wrong version, I'm suspecting you'll need to remove completely the game from your computer and reinstall as my instructions provides.

If you're certain you are correct with the downloaded version of LAA, then your next step is to check the DirectX files by running the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" found HERE. This will update Windows 10 to include the past .dll's of the different DirectX versions that it no longer keeps in its current release. Yes that's right, DirectX doesn't keep tract of older files that are required to run older games. As a matter of fact, it removes the older files....you have to re add them in order to have them available for an older game/program to run correctly. That's what the Microsoft Runtime Web Installer will do.

If after checking/completing these tasks above, and you still feel you're not getting things to run correctly, you'll need to get back with us.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote