View Single Post
Old 07-13-17, 01:11 PM   #36
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
tried several times; all with similar results. currently, being at truk; from midway, I came up with a 2:08 hour difference. date is 20Nov43. sun up is listed 6:27 and measured time was 7:08 or 0:41 difference. sun down is listed at 17:00 and measured time was 18:54 or 1:54 difference. so far, really confusing; , why the differences?

so then checked when the moon rose and it peeked out at 02:30. the listing for moon rise/set is:
Nov19 23:35 12:23
Nov20 ' - ' 12:59
Nov21 00:28 13:33

For Nov20, if the ' - ' means zero, at least closer to the 2:08.

So what does the ' - ' mean? that measured moon rise was at 02:30 on 'Nov21'; but the chart list 00:28 for the 21st.

so far, all the moon phases' have been correct and all though I measured a lot of weird times: still find this all useful for planning.
Nuts! - lol ...... Yeah, a lot of weird times. I used these charts for rough information, a "close enough for Government work" type thing.

It is frustrating not to have precise times though.... plus your in-game times that you posted seem to be closer to a Pearl home port which is interesting. I forget if the Stock game has Midway as a 'Home Base' - maybe that's it?

The time differences do seem to be closer to a Pearl home port even though they still are not precise times, they are close (for a game ; ) Maybe these charts are only 'good' if using/calculating from Pearl as 'Base Time' for PacFlt? Sail out of Midway but calculate from Pearl where the Admirals are - ha!

I wonder how close SoWesPac is, (one way to find out) although those missions are roughly in the same time zone, or close to it.

The phases are 'good' but the times aren't exact, however they're still close enough to plan an attack or Special Mission.

That's all I got.... it's a game - and the Dev's did get it close. I'm going with the use Pearl to calculate from theory.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote