View Single Post
Old 09-28-09, 05:17 PM   #96
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I understand how you will make the merchant spawn a boat that brings papers to the U-Boat, what I don't get is how you will make then a trigger for the merchant to stop and send the boat, and most important, for us to check wether it has contraband or not and decide if sink it
Trust me - this has been thought of and if my ideas work (and depending on my real life workload) I will have a working demonstration within several weeks at most.

The one thing I might not be able to get around is the merchant stopping; however, the player should be able to position his sub in front of most merchants to trigger the collision avoidance "stop/reverse" routine. I will also tweak vessel acceleration values so that a merchant can't flee like a sports car once it has stopped its engines - hence there should be plenty of time to take care of business.

Some ships will have their behavior modified so that they slow & spawn boats; others will maintain stock enemy merchant behavior and try to escape from you - the latter will mostly be fair game.

I am thinking about using particles.dat and a water interaction controller instead of a torpedo clone to spawn the boats - more news later.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote