View Single Post
Old 01-25-08, 11:47 AM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

How are the torpedoes packaged? How many?

I did a quick cost of moving one torpedo via common carrier. It would run around $450.00 to transport one torpedo from Portland to Tulsa. Five day transit. The question is, once the truck arrives, do you have a way to get the crated torp off the truck? If not, can you go to the local trucking terminal in Tulsa with a pick up truck/trailer and pick it up? The terminal should be able to load you trailer with a forklift.

I'm in the transportation industry. I can get this done relatively cheaply. Being that it is 1938 miles, doing a round trip with a pick up and trailer sounds like a major week long headache. Also, if you were to attempt to move this common carrier without any discounts on shipping as I get, the cost for one torp would be $910.45. So, at the very least I can get you a great discount on shipping.

If the warhead is still packed with torpex....that is a whole different ball game. I suspect they are not but then again, just yesterday in MD they discovered a live round on display in a museum.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 01-25-08 at 12:03 PM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote