View Single Post
Old 02-03-13, 12:05 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

FINALLY!!! I've waited more than a month for this!

This post is from last year, but it was made after the 2012 awards were finalized, so it counts.

Most Helpful Member:

PISCES

Quote:
1: What you might be missing with the stock game, with regard to the Nav-map and targeting, is the cursor tool when drawing lines. (see 2nd and 3rd image in the Hunt tutorial.) Or a big plotting grid image replacing your Uboat icon on the map. (see this video tutorial) I think these things weren't part of stock SH3. But they are very helpfull tools. Almost indispensible,... but I'm a mapdrawing-nerd. So I created this little mod to be able to point lines, waypoint legs, circle radi, and protractor legs in whichever compass-direction I want. I never used the big Uboat Icond replacing plotting grid as it was a major toll on my first computer. But I'm sure some versions of it are also in the Subsim Downloads section (like this, but it is old, and not completely JSGME-ready)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...5&postcount=12

Why? It just strikes me as the perfect example of going out of the way to help a member in need. The extra measure. The extra mile. All that is best with Subsim. Any more cliches?