View Single Post
Old 10-30-17, 10:45 AM   #75
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
well these conning towers are a nightmare, I don`t know how they are different than the hull, but as soon as I changed a texture path got section errors.
I am now using 2 versions of the editor at each step, 1 to change the meshes, and 1 to alter the material bindings, which gives me a file that will open in goblin without crashing. (how long it took to find the right combination of versions was depressing)

not tried it in game yet though, just in case I lose my temper and throw the pc through the window (believe me, its been close a few times)
I know, materials and material bindings have always been a PITA for me. Something I have learned is that, before deleting an unused material, you better save the file after having made sure that it is no more bound to any of the meshes found in the file. After that, you close the file, re-open it, and only at this point you can remove the material, but not before having crossed your fingers with one hand and knocked wood with the other

Quote:
@Gap not got any really clear pics of the IX diesels, but what I have, seem to show covered valve gear, in which case the animations are irrelevant, that is for the 9cyl engine though
That would be one problem lesser though, if I am not mistaken, the 6-cyl used on Type VII u-boats and the ones fitted on the IXD2 were different engines...

Quote:
unless it is possible to clone the engines and animations, and import 2 sets of engines into the engine room(obviously it would have to be made bigger first), but that is a problem for another day
Who knows, maybe we can stick models contained in different files using prt files (sort of what is done in SHIII with 'placement' nodes)

Quote:

16hrs and finally got a conning tower on the hull, still a few things to move around bones, collision meshes, more or less all the stuff you don`t see in game, the ct looks darker because I have used different material settings, to test which looks better in game,
Amazing!

Don't forget the emblem faces/materials
gap is offline   Reply With Quote