View Single Post
Old 06-22-17, 08:44 AM   #1637
flightsimmer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Hi, I'm flightsimmer . I've been playing Silent Hunter 5 on and off now for a few years and I want to get back in again, I've been using other mods for awhile however this time I want to use this environment mod as well because it looks too beautiful.

I've installed the mods as ordered by sobers mod list so I thought there wouldn't be any issues. However this one is annoying me quite a bit: when diving the bow planes of the sub keeps pointing upwards, and stays stuck. I noticed a couple pages back someone had this problem too, but I'm not clear how he fixed it.

My mod list is as follows:

FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
Environment 15 MOD
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.7.1 by vdr1981_Main mod
R.S.D. v5.7.1 - Indestructible UZO patch
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
I also patched using TDW GenericPatcher.

I've managed to isolate the mods and it's a conflict between NewUIs_TDC and Environment 15 MOD. The odd thing is it seems no one is complaining about the bow planes when using sobers mega mod, it's the same order as above but I just skipped the others. Also note I do not have Wolves of Steel.

Any suggestions? I'd love to use this mod but in the meantime I'll have to disable it while this one gets figured out.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently it's not even conflicting with NewUIs_TDC at all! I enabled ONLY Environment Mod 15 and I still get the same problem! This means one of the patches from the GenericPatcher is incompatible with this mod. Time to test each one by one

EDIT 2: I got it all wrong... This is a standalone problem. I only enabled the environment mod with no other patches/mods, started a new campaign and the sub's bow sticks up. Without the mod, this does not happen. TwanV says it's a game save problem, I think he's right because the save from without the mod works with the mod activated. Missing the depth keeping problem mod by TDW shouldn't be the cause either, apparently NewUIs_TDC already has it so now I'm stuck.

Last edited by flightsimmer; 06-22-17 at 10:26 AM.
flightsimmer is offline   Reply With Quote