View Single Post
Old 05-04-17, 06:22 PM   #4495
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

So FOTRSU is based originally on TMO 1.7. We combined the best of FOTRS 1.2 through 1.5 and 2.0 to encapsulate the best of what AOTD_MadMax and the AOTD crew accomplished. Then we went from there to make the game more suited to single player rather than the multi-player that FOTRS 2.0 was aimed at.

EVERYTHING is revamped from TMO. Sounds are incredibly enhanced. Graphics are better. We've doubled the number of ships in the game. The eye candy can only be compared to GWX for SH3 in its excellence. We no longer have Ducimus' deal with the devil: do we make great gameplay or do we have great graphics. Computers can do it all today and FOTRSU does that.

CapnScurvy has totally redone optics, changed the physics of the game so that in a dive the floor actually angles correctly. On capital ships the primary and secondary guns sound differently, have different (and amazing) smoke. Sensors have been reworked (that's still in process) and you can turn off SJ and SD radar completely. We have a new keyboard, the first one I can confidently say is BETTER than TMO.

We have a new Aleutians Island campaign for S-boats. Propbeanie and CapnScurvy can fill you in on the other things. Cdrsubron7 has a passel of real meaningful, fun and non-buggy single missions so those people without the time to develop to a career can now experience the best of SH4 instead of the often hokey missions that came with stock. S7rikeback eliminated several dozen errors we inherited from TMO and the stock game, eliminating CTDs, game freezes and glitches. You can uninstall FOTRSU and not corrupt SH4! That's not true of TMO.

I'll let other team members fill in what I left out, and there's a lot! Tell you what. Feast your eyes and ears on this:

Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote