View Single Post
Old 10-20-12, 06:10 PM   #10
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
What exactly do I change PLEASE to see these templates in game?
@JvP,

Please understand that I am not an expert, and working with individual menu_1024_768.ini files is very difficult to do.

Part of the problem is that I have no idea what MaGui 3.4, which you use, compared to MaGui F, which I use, looks like. It appears that your Convoy Map is a slide out, whereas my Convoy Map is actually a draggable object in the top left hand corner along with the mines chart.

What I would suggest is that you first make a backup of your menu_1024_768.ini file somewhere completely safe. Then, if I was you, I would copy everything in the readme I have listed from [G31 I33] to the bottom directly into your menu file underneath [G31 I33]. Then renumber my stuff, starting with [G31 I34] on until it runs out. You can do this manually or use h.sie's brilliant menu.ini renumbering tool listed on his mediafire page. Then I would make sure that all the necessary files are placed in the data/Menu/OLC file, and then just load it up and see what it looks like. From there, if it doesn't look right, I would start modifying the positions of each of the objects until it gets to how I want it to look.

Another way to do this is to make to just use your current menu.ini file in a clean SH3 (or GWX?) install, and then make sure that all the relevant files are in the data/Menu/OLC file. It will look funny because there will be certain things that are not shown properly since you will be missing certain .tga files, but it should still load and you should get an idea of where the items go, and you can adjust them from there. Then copy it back into your current install, and you should be good to go. The reason I do this is because it functions as a "bare bones" load, i.e. it loads very quickly because there isn't a lot of stuff for it to load up. This way you can quit, mod, and load again without wasting too much time. This is the part of modding the menu.ini file that is a real bummer.

You have indicated that you use JSGME, so if you think carefully, and are very clever with it, it can be a real boon to adjusting these things and getting them set properly.

If you don't know how to work with your menu.ini file, I suggest you spend some quality time searching on the forums. When it comes down to it, each menu.ini file is fairly unique amongst the people who like to tinker with their installation. I know that mine is different right away because I have included the 28kts.tga and the 45kts.tga files into my menu file, two files, which before I gave them out, only existed solely in my own installation. So that results in my menu.ini file being noticeably different from everyone else's.

I am not a coder, I am more of a researcher, so I would suggest that you make contact with some people on the forum who have a better understanding than I. There is a wealth of resources on subsim.com to help you with this stuff, and a little research will go a long way, because once you understand how this file works, it will save you a lot of trouble with modding it later.

Sorry that I can't do more, but I hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I made some room at the top and stickied this one. Good job, man
@Hitman: Wow, thank you! I am both humbled and honored!
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote