View Single Post
Old 04-02-17, 02:21 PM   #7
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Yes I know, I have tried to add a pom pom on top of a main turret of the Nelson class, and it works only if the turret is attached to the ship. So the pom pom has to be placed on the rotation axis of the turret to seem turning with the turret.
I doesn't matter if the turret is incorporated in the ship's dat (the Southamptons and Fijis have them in their dats). It is not possible to have weapons at all directly on turrets. In that case, the turrets are the reference points for the firing arcs. Meaning -- when the turret turns, the firing arcs of guns on top turn, too, and may "cover" the supersturcture. Only if the weapon node is not attached to the turret but to the ship model (so it is actually "hovering" above the turret), the fire arc will correct. And to have whole arrangement not looking too odd when the turrets turns, the node needs to be placed along the turrets centre of rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Don't worry, there is one grid. This is just S3D which (as often) doesn't show properly the textures.
Right, when too far those partly transparent textures become invisible.
the_frog is offline   Reply With Quote