View Single Post
Old 09-07-05, 10:15 PM   #10
Pigfish
Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
I was trying to do something simple to learn it, so I'm trying to add a Khalid (Agosta 90B) Pakistani SSK. I enter new object and type in Khalid SSK, but when I try in the new entity dialog to set the link to shipclass variable to the Khalid SSK, it is nowhere to be found on the list.

Thanks
Thats cuz you need to make a new "ship class' linked to Pakistan. You will have to do the same with '3d object' also. Be sure to name them EXACTLY the same as in 'object'.

When in 'ship class', the little arrow box you see beside 'Index' be sure to open and put in manually the default index # you are given where it says "Giving an unused index # will enable OK."

Im still expermenting with my last comment but have taken to doing this whenever the option is there and seems to work. I think any open index # will work but dont forget to do this or it wont "stick". Also always click on apply and then go to the upper left of the tool bar, under file, and click save after making changes in each dialog . Very important.

Hope I said this right and helps gets you going with DWEdit.