Thread: Wow!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-09, 04:25 PM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

To be fair, one has to say that ArmA now runs fine, stable and smooth, at least in SP. I cannot judge MP, since I did not test it. I have not had a single freeze or crash with it.

Having bought the Gold Edition with the addon and patch 1.08, and meanwhile having been able to patch it further to 1.14 after initial troubles, I must say that I enjoy the huge "adventure playground" scenario I created for United Sarani very much. A very good deal for me, even more so since the Gold editon already came at reduced smile price for 10 or 15 Euros. A very good infantry simulator. The tanks and IFVs however are a waste of time, as was the case in Flashpoint. Big deal - simply leave them out, and you're done. If you want to tank the countryside, pick SBP.

armA2 will need to do without me for a long time to come. First I think my system cannot handle it, and second, it will have plenty of bugs, and it will take a lot of time to patch it. I am not willing to pay full price and then needing to wait months and months anymore. I am too old for such nonsense.