View Single Post
Old 03-11-09, 12:42 PM   #12
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
And the more I look at the ArmA 2, it seems like they're doing the same trick again as that engine is 100% surely the same old OFP engine. ArmA was OFP with nicer graphics, same old engine and same old limitations.
ArmA came out totally bug ridden, which is the best proof that a vast new engine was in work. As far as I understood they ran out of money and were forced to release ArmA as is. Which is very unfortunately for them since they were the original creators of this revolution, they are the one who deserves the success and money not codemasters. Looks like codemasters haven't gave them the share in revenue they would deserve perhaps that is why they left them ?

In some way I wish the would have created another large expansion pack like resistance back then. Maybe that would have worked out better but who knows.

Personally I will continue to support BI, they did it once and they will do it again when they get the right support. I won't touch the codemasters stuff it doesn't deserve it. A good game is more then the sum of its features. This is something that publishers that try to copy the success of such revolutionary games like flashpoint, for the sake of profit will perhaps never learn.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote