View Single Post
Old 09-05-18, 09:02 AM   #643
Sam.Willow
A Steam Engine Engineer

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0
Icon10 I've been away too long.

Greetings! I played SH2 on Win95 laptop and had a blast. Joined Subsim and had a blast! Then real life intruded on my fantasies, got a good job and a dear wife who I still have BTW. Silent hunter became a fond memory of mine. I could remember all of the glitches and frustrating moments in that version but the fun was outstanding and made it all worth while.

Finally I bit the bullet and bought SH3 for WinXP I believe I could not remember my login and password for Subsim so I created a new account in 2015. Needless to say I had a blast all over again. Then darn it real life plagued me again! I hate when that happens.

About a month ago I was reading the Subsim Forums about SH5 and the game bug bit me again! I bought the simulation on DVD and after it arrived I installed it, anticipating even more fun but I couldn't get it working. I pleaded with THEBERBSTER to assist me, his encouragement & ideas helped to keep my hopes up and last night all the trials and tribulations paid off!

I will be setting sail once again soon, I just need to learn the games keyboard shortcuts again and get the Wolves of Steel mega mod installed. I can't wait to visualize the crowds cheering as I and my crew set off to new adventures during WW2 in the Atlantic Ocean.

Last edited by Sam.Willow; 09-06-18 at 12:09 PM.
Sam.Willow is offline   Reply With Quote