View Single Post
Old 03-01-15, 10:58 AM   #23
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
@ Hunter ICX: I keep telling people over and over that 8.1 addresses that very problem. There are at least two programs I know of that add the Menu Button back in. I use the one called Classic Shell and I use Win 8.1 exactly the way I did my old XP system.

But nobody listens.

Do I have complaints? Yes. They screwed up Media Player. They screwed up the User Account Control. There are fixes for both, but there shouldn't have to be. Despite these complaints I have no real problems. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
I did listen, I'm aware of some fixes and the 8.1 update and that's why I said ''Bashed'' instead of ''Bash'' as I'm pretty aware that some people are quite happy with it now. I wouldn't say no to 8.1 now but I wouldn't shelf out another 150-200$ for a Windows 8 License whilst I got Windows 7 as I find it for myself that it shows minor improvements to justifiy the price tag.

Windows 10 license seems to be free for the ones that update to it within the first year of release so I see little reason to complain about that