Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
Destination trigger. The mines will be listed on the object to complete page under Civilian--Torpedo.
Excellent. Now... the question is how to make it have to be triggered by 16 different mines in order to be true...
I don't know for sure if this will work, but if it does, the easy way would be to allow the trigger to refire sixteen times; I think there is a doctrine that will count the number of refires. The reason this might not work is that the same mine might cycle the refiring trigger all 16 times.

The sure way to do it is more labor intensive. You copy the trigger 15 times, and place every trigger in its own dynamic group that spawns only when the previous trigger is completed. An aggregate goal trigger would be used to test for the completion of all 16 destination triggers. Edit: no, wait, that doesn't solve the uniqueness problem...hold on, still thinking.

...I don't think there is a way around the uniqueness issue. Assuming the first technique doesn't work, there are no conditions that can be used to distinguish the first mine, e.g., from setting off the second trigger, with the possible exception of speed. But speed doesn't get you very far. So, I think the method you might be stuck with is having to specify places where the mines would be placed rather than just designating a large area. This doesn't necessarily have to be precise coordinates, but could also take the form of intervals, as long as the "line" upon which they will be placed is known to the player. The idea would be that the player is required to spread the mines out a certain amount, stacking them on top of each other would only count for one mine deployed.