View Single Post
Old 07-09-16, 05:16 PM   #3
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by scur78 View Post
Hello, I play Harpoon (every version) for years and I noticed a problem that make scenarios create difficult.
In Harpoon Classic scenario editor (and further - HC97, HC2002, HCUE etc.) while creating new units / groups there were two very important details:
- Time appearance of the unit, allowing to simulate the appearance of reinforcements on the battlefield
- The probability of unit presence, which allow give substitute "non-linear" events
I hope I'm wrong, but I did'nt find those settings in Harpoon 2/3 / ANW scenario editors.
Or maybe they are, and I found no such settings?
Colleagues scenarios-editors scenarios, help !!!
You are correct. The ability for the scenario designer to specify the probability that a particular unit will appear in the battle is only available in HCE and not found in H3. It is a very nice feature.

There have been some work-around solutions that are a facsimile of this superb HCE function, but they are not as easy to use or as controllable as the HCE feature. If you would like, I can show how H3 tries to simulate/accomplish this random appearance of units, but it is a somewhat arduous process and far from perfect.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote