Old 07-09-14, 08:16 PM   #13
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Mission 2:
Fly sweep over Murmansk factory

Outcome:
After a restart caused by Oberon pancaking on take-off, the group took off and began climbing to altitude when contacts were spotted to our two o clock. They turned out to be IL-2s, Hunter rammed the lead enemy aircraft while the rest of us and the AI shot the others down.
We then returned on course, then ran into some Peshkas and Yaks, Oberon was shot down and Raptor only just made it back to the airfield intact. Task Force returned safely after his machine guns were broken by a Peshkas rear gunner.

My first kill, an IL-2, both crew bailed safely.

My emergency landing and dramatic sliding dive out of the cockpit, just in time to avoid the explosion. ( I love how my legs appear to be coming out of the ground in this shot)

A Hurricane explodes in Raptors face, surprisingly causing no damage

Task Force meanwhile takes on a Peshka, who manages to surgically remove the 109s MGs

Raptor encounters some unhappy Russians

But he manages to land...in a manner of speaking.

Mission 3
Intercept I-16s in the Murmansk area

Outcome

Less eventful take-off, contacts were spotted but left to the local Finnish airforce contingent to deal with. The flight broke up after encountering cloud, Oberon ran into a flight of three I-16s while the rest of the group encountered (and were mauled by) Peshkas from hell. Oberon killed one I-16 and was attacking the other two who were dormant when they suddenly sprung into life and turned the tables on him. In a tail-less spin, Oberon bailed out just before the aircraft exploded...unfortunately it exploded right above him, killing him instantly.

The I-16s wake up

I'm not going to recover from this, am I?

...verdammt

Mission 4
Fly a sweep ahead of a FW-190 Jabo attack in the Murmansk area

Outcome
The group lost contact with the Flight leader (Hunter) shortly after take-off during the climb to patrol altitude, he landed up ahead of us by some margin, encountered Peshkas and then was shot down. The rest of us encountered P-40s and then I-16s, Raptor was also shot down, but Task Force managed to shoot down several, while Oberon chased a P-40 half-way across Russia before finally running out of ammunition since Oberon is a terrible shot and P-40s are made out of reinforced titanium. Fortunately Oberon had chipped enough off the P-40 that he was awarded a kill as he came in to make a surprisingly good landing. Task Force landed shortly after, despite bringing a gaggle of I-16s back with him (they cleared off when the flak started shooting).

My Russian comrade...

A slippery customer, I hope the pilot got out, he deserved to after evading me for so long.

Back at base.

Task Force comes in to land with a leak that only I can see...

Last edited by Oberon; 07-09-14 at 08:48 PM.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote