View Single Post
Old 03-04-09, 04:23 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Simulation. Hm.

Never heared of this. Let'S ignore the obvious date of graphics and sound.

The second, ingame video leaves me with an impression of that it is a hidden point-and-click/fire game. The mission they showed was not showing that much tactical realism, if any, and the terrain representation did not give the impression to allow implementation of essential manouvering that would make use of terrain features - in my book a vital part of tank warfare. Targetting and shooting also did not convince me, from a watcher's perspective. Enemy AI reminded me of Lemmings. finally, the interface obviously lacks any realism alltogether, giving the "commander" a level of situational awareness and clear view that you even do not have in modern tanks. Regarding this, Steel Fury as well as Steel Beasts 1 and Pro PE do much better jobs in simulating the limited and characteristic viewing possibilities aboard a given tank type.

I'm not making a final verdict, since I have not played it. But by the views of it, or better: the video, I am not too impressed. To me it looks like a 100% arcade game.