View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 06:10 PM   #2
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

If you think it shouldn't have been released this way, you did not understand Early Access in the first place. EA is specifically there to release an unfinished game to an audience that is willing to pay for exactly that, early access to an unfinished game, and help the often small dev studios to find and iron out the bugs and balancing problems. Before EA release backers got 1 patch per week sometimes, often 1 patch per month. Since EA release they got so many reports they hammered out 4 major patches in just a few days, only now taking a break and instead preparing one huge patch for next week.

I have played my fair share of alphas, betas and early access titles. This is one of the better ones, especially considering that the dev team is only 3 men strong. Everytime someone comes up with "game wasn't ready for EA"...well, THAT WAS THE POINT! To find the problems you have to get feedback, and the small backers group could only do so much. In my opinion UBOAT is on an excellent way, especially when in June/July the modding tools will be released and all the wonderful people that helped us enjoy the SH games will be able to hop aboard and help create the probably best subsim game of all times.
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote