View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 10:53 AM   #1682
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post

If by "level" you mean the Flawless, Epic, Legendary tags... no, I'm pretty sure it's not. If you have a steel dagger and, say, an ebony dagger and you have the smithing perks for both materials and you improve them both at the same crafting session, even if you can get them both to "Legendary" status the ebony should still have a higher damage rating than the steel because the base damage for the ebony weapon is twice that of a steel dagger. The ebony weapon started out better and, all other things being equal, it should always be better than its steel equivalent.
Well, I thought about an epic weapon status for a low-end weapon versus a high-end weapon that has not received any smithing at all. If the resulting damage number on boith weapons are more or less the same and maybe are separated by just one or two counters, then I think there is little difference.

Anyhow, the game becomes too easy at higher levels anyway, so i do not mind to use low-end weapons anyway. Already use a mod to increase enemy-rankings beyond 30, so that they level up with you, and a mod for slowing down own levelling. Made it a gameplay that feels not so rushed, and more developing. The mods Dowly has recommended, are very nice, especially Frostfall, while Imp'S imroved basic needs colliudes with my follower-improvements, and since I found it a bit anoying to stop gameplay every couple of minutes to eat, drink and rest, I skipped it. Have just started a new character, with gamestart at Solitude, and already got Meeko and Jenazara (Jenassera? Jezera? Who imagines these names? Does he get payed for it?) as teammates, living in the hunter'S cab at Riverwood whcih is very nice. Plan to move over to Mist Top and win Mjoll again, once I got levelled up. Skipping on magic completely these time, and on the main story as well (which nI never managed to end, the game always locks down at the Dragon to be fought at Kynareth once I met Delfine, no even console commands brought me beyond that point).

Somehow I always end up plkaying the same kind of character, doing the same kind of tactcis, perks, living in the same places. Think I am a creature of habit. Sword, dagger, bow, sneaking, ruling my gang. That'S it for me.