View Single Post
Old 11-20-08, 01:16 PM   #1
Kalte Lanze
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Another Enigma Rising Tide: Gold Edition question...

It seems a few others on the board have recently (or fairly recently) started playing this game. I bought it new because of this site lol

Well, here's my horrendously annoying problem.

I recently built a new computer, 4 gigs of RAM, 750 GB of HD space, nVidia 260 GTX gpu, and a 3.16 GHz Wolfsdale dual core processor. Well, since I hate Vista, I installed XP x64 on the rig.

Since then I basically moved everything off my old computer onto this one, including games. I got around SH3's incompatibility with x64 issue with a no CD patch. It was no surprise to me that Enigma Rising Tide also disliked the x64 edition of XP so I did the no CD patch with that as well (and yes these are both legit copies and I can prove it :P)

So anyway, with the no CD patch I can make it to the menu screen, but gods help me I can't enter any game mode without a crash to the desktop.

Is there any makeshift or even horribly "ghetto" way I can possibly get this game to run on my machine? I don't want to install it on my old computer (I have too many running as it is and not enough room for more monitors/keyboards etc), I don't want to upgrade to Vista (which is also incompatible with this game I hear), and I surely don't want to remove everything off this computer and reformat with Server 2003.

For reference, a x32 bit OS will not make full use of my 4 GB of RAM, which is why I have x64 bit edition of XP. Server 2003 can supposedly handle 128 GB of RAM because it is for servers.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
8188MB of RAM

Last edited by Kalte Lanze; 11-20-08 at 01:17 PM.
Kalte Lanze is offline   Reply With Quote