View Single Post
Old 01-20-18, 11:28 AM   #675
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7
Default Feedback, take 2 :)

First off, I just want to emphasize just how much I appreciate, and enjoy, WAC. The graphics, and detail, are simply amazing! I prefer "meat" in a sim; that is, given a choice between "eye candy" and a detailed, realistic simulation, I'll go with realism over pretty every time. However, with WAC I get both!

The explosions, fire, smoke, are amazing. The external and internal sub images are fantastic. Granted, I can't do anything as I walk through, but I don't actually mind that. I'd like it if I could, but I certainly understand why with SH3 that ain't gonna happen.

Having said that, I'd like to pass along some observations and suggestions. To begin with, this is my current mod setup:

SH3 patched, and then H.sie_V16B1 patched.

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.01
WAC5.0 Full_Interior
WAC5.01 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign
O2-Gauges v2
torpedo trail and wake fix
Visible Flags
WAC5.01 Realistic Hull Damage
WAC_5.01_WhaleChaser_Fix

[torpedo trail and wake fix (eliminates the surface trail of electric torpedoes while greatly increasing the length/duration of steam ones)

Visible Flags (a mod I made: it greatly brightens all the flags; perhaps too much; I need to lower the brightness a bit)]

* I find WAC 5.0 to be stable for the most part; I've had only 2 CTD during a patrol. I can usually, but not always, load saved games without CTD. Oddly enough if I do CTD trying to load a saved game, I can get it to load on the second (or third), attempt. The load times are a pain, but no worse that GWX Gold, and, unlike GWX Gold, I can actually load saved games.

* I run graphics settings at max, and get no stuttering except when close to ports and trying to run a TC greater than 32-64, which is understandable. The external camera is "iffy": it often acts buggy. Sometimes it's not centered on the ship/plane, and you wind up somewhere up in the sky or under the water.

* SH3Commander light will CTD me every time. It'll start WAC but once I start the mission itself I CTD. Reloading the game and career afterwards works, but I seem to lose all the Commander settings.

* Some British ships are still sailing with full lights, even as late as December 1939 (which is as far as I've gotten so far! )

* No diesel sounds; it's as quiet as a church mouse

* Much as it's pleasing to get a perfect back-breaking keel shot, it seems there are far too many ships breaking in half, especially from a single torpedo.

* My crew leaves port already needing shaves!

* Much as I love the waves, even at 7 m/s my Type VIIB turm is fully exposed at periscope depth a good 50% of the time. (Was that intentional?)

* Is Stiebler's 4B addon for H.sie_V16B1 patch compatible with WAC 5.0? If not, are there any plans to do so?

* Is there a time delay setting for the pullout dials (ex. depth, speed, heading), so that they don't instantly pop out if you just glide the cursor over them? Even a half-second delay would be a godsend for me.

* I find it impossible to scroll through the displayed messages. The moment I click on the messages area it jumps/scrolls backwards quite a distance. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I find it impossible to review recent messages.

* Have the range definitions been changed? My lookouts will call out "long distance" and I'll check it out with the UZO to see that the spotted ship is 2,400 meters away . . . that's not "long distance"!

* Is there a mod that changes the map contacts so that there are no tails and no colours?

* I have found two commands that generates the "No officer at helm station": [cont-page up], and [cont-page down]

* Not sure if this matters, but in Data/Sea/EnglishNames.cfg CLMontecuccoli==Light cruiser Montecuccoli has a doubled ==

Again, thanks for a very incredible mod!
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote