View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 07:59 PM   #14
Raven79
A-ganger

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Steelkilt:
Normally your boat is considered fully manned when every seat is taken except repair crew and gun crews.
Those were taken off other stations if needed. I usually use the last 3 guys of my deck watch for the guns and recruit the repair crew from everywhere in the boat.

This way, my crew is always safe when submerged and noone has to do triple shifts.
Also, if for instance your tower was hit, there are 6 people in it at battle stations. They will do some repairs, yes, but if you give them a repair crew of 10 people from other compartments on top of that, you've got 16 people doing the repairs all at the same time. Huge timesaver. I usually compose my repair crew of the 6 mechanics I got in the torpedo rooms (one on bow, one on stern, per shift that is) plus some engine room guys (free watch perhaps). They're really knowing what they do. If however one of those three compartments got hit (engine or torp rooms), I recruit people from deck watch instead of those in the damaged compartment, to get a maximum of hands working my problem.

As for micro management.. I'll post on it when I get home. So don't ask yet why I throw mechanics in the torp rooms
Raven79 is offline   Reply With Quote