Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Currently there are 3 UI types to choose from:

SH3Style
SH4Style
SH5Enhanced

By setting the 'UIStyle=' to one of the above you change which UI you are using. It's that simple.

TheDarkWraith, first let me say "Thanks!" for these UI mods. I love 'em! And I'm happy to see that you added skwasjer's clock to this mod. It's a great little addition.

After spending a lot of time trying to figure things out, I was just going to post on this, when I noticed your post above. I upgraded from the OldStyleSHControls to the Multi UI mod and spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I couldn't get the dials. I followed all the directions, then, figuring I did something wrong, deleted, copied, re-copied, etc., but to no avail. I was going nuts until I saw the following line in the documentation:

"All user configurable settings can be found in the file '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts \Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py'"

You see, when I first saw that, I thought "Great. If I ever want to do a few tweaks, I'll go check that out in the future.", but I wasn't aware that I had to do it during install to get my dials working (unless I missed something).

So, I went in there, had a look, and figured out the changes you noted above. I'm normally not a guy who needs hand holding, but sometimes it'd be nice (awwww ). Would you mind adjusting that line in your documentation (and on the first page of this thread) to read something like:

"All user configurable settings can be found in the file '\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts \Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py'.

As noted above, there are currently 3 UI types to choose from:

SH3Style
SH4Style
SH5Enhanced

By setting the 'UIStyle=' in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py to one of the above, you change which UI you are using. It's that simple."

It would make your installation directions clearer (and really simple) and save us from having to figure things out. I hope I'm not stepping on your toes here. It's just that there's nothing better than clear instructions (well, actually, a lot of things are .. hehehe )

Thanks again!