View Single Post
Old 01-17-19, 11:27 AM   #8958
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Default God save the Queen and Britain itself...

I know the Monarchy stays out of internal politics. I understand the current political situation in the UK is a sticky mess of political quicksand. I get that it is easier to do nothing and remain above the fray but is this not the type of issue that a Monarch is in a perfect position to referee?

It is not the duty of the Queen to intervene at the behest of the people and the country when the political conflict of interest is so apparent? Is it not imperative for the Monarch to define the Empire, to protect the people when the politicians are incapable of doing so themselves?

Is the cultural, political and economic sovereignty of the country not worth the time and at least for the duration of this current crisis deserving of the suspension of the practice of noninterference with Parliament?

Clearly this is a time where the politicians are going to fail to protect the citizens by acts of commission and omission. If not the people or the politicians or the Monarchy, who will ensure the political and economic sovereignty and the very survival of Britain?

If the EU is such a welcome idea, why not just call that geographic block Europe and be done with all the distinct countries. You know or at least you should know that this is where the EU is headed next...