View Single Post
Old 09-13-16, 04:02 AM   #44
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
I believe Ctrl-N is a stock keyboard command and I've used it TMO as well. Perhaps you have a different keyboard key assignment?
Well that's helping to pin down the lack of it on my TMO installation

Even though I'm running TMO, it's in combination with RSRDC overlaying it. This probably confirms what Rockin Robbins implied in another thread that RSRDC did not just stick to varying the campaign files when combined with TMO, it also changed Ducimus' underlying keystroke modifications also and now I'm suspecting other things.

This is relatively minor, but now I'm really wondering what else really was deliberately changed in TMO's behavior when RSRDC was overlaid on top of it.
Everything I read in the various RSRDC documentation files implied that

Quote: (from some RSRDC documentation)

"Run Silent, Run Deep, the Campaign" (RSRDC) is a major rewrite of the campaign layers of SH4 and is designed to overcome the following major "stock" campaign problems..."

Notice the wording "campaign layers", I specifically took that to mean that RSRDC was JUST a campaign layer overwrite, and so was specifically designed to overlay the stock or other MODs without changing their other underlying behaviors. Evidence that the key assignments were changed contradicts the implication that RSRDC "is just a campaign layer overwrite".

Rockin Robbins is probably right when he implied that when playing the TMO/RSRDC combo you are no longer playing TMO... In his (Rockin Robbins) words, that combo is like an "alien" taking over the TMO body.

to Rockin Robbins for opening my eyes to pay attention to noticing subtle differences in TMO

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-16-16 at 03:55 AM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote