View Single Post
Old 08-06-17, 07:07 PM   #74
sencer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Sorry about giving a negative perspective about your mod but atm there is no way to compete against nato in 68. Even you go to deep with semi decent ambient noise, when you open up your active sonar (since you are russian it is understandable) they spam you with rockets with pinpoint accuracy. I know russian powerplants are not that silent at that time but still even you are at 1000ft deep, they spot you even with a single beep from your sonar. And I am talking about more than 10kyd ranges from your target. I can get that they can launch rockets to some place near but they just launch them to your head. I may understand it in 1984 camp but in 68 this makes it much worse. Also NATO SSBNs have interestingly different torp layouts than attack SSNs. Just why? Washington got better wired control ASW torp than sturgeon/permit/skipjack. IMO original more sub mod is better balanced in terms of combat. I play that mod like for 30+ missions in 84 and 20+ in 68. It was fun and challenging but fair. If you can make it with a better detection mechanisms you can make a really good one.
sencer is offline   Reply With Quote