View Single Post
Old 07-09-17, 05:20 PM   #4929
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I've started an Alaskan campaign...... v0.62..........a couple of questions to ask about the Sen Toku submarine I sank.
Are you supposed to be able to hear this sub using the sonar because I didn't get a peep out of it and neither did my sonar man, the watch crew spotted it?
You shouldn't expect to hear the stock games AI sub with Sonar......it frankly wasn't developed to do much of anything! But we're working on a different model.

The Sen Toku, and all other AI subs will have a new way of displaying themselves to the player from the previous game. They will be heard with passive Hydrophone use; be detected on Radar; fire a torpedo at enemy targets when contact is made. All together, a completely different unit then the one you've encountered.

Quote:
Oh I forgot to add that 1 torpedo was enough to destroy it, the other 2 I fired at it were a waste of good ordnance, does it only need 1 torpedo now or was I just lucky?
You can expect unpredictable behavior with damage modeling, that's just the way it is (and rightfully so).

Quote:
Looking at the image again I noticed a spelling mistake "Total Tonage" that should have an extra "n" in there shouldn't it.
Stock game error, but we'll take care of it.......You should see how they spell "Draft" in the game files?!?

==========

One thing to mention, I'm having promising results in getting ships to be heard at most traveling routine speeds by the passive Hydrophone!! This is going to give us the capability to hear all units with the Hydrophone at speeds well below the Half speed of it's Maximum Speed setting. In other words we're going to have a working Hydrophone for all ships at all traveling speeds.....something the stock game hasn't been able to offer!! I'm hoping to accomplish this, and have a better working Acceleration model for the ships! One that takes into account ship turns, as well as jack rabbit starts. It remains to be seen if this can be done but my early testing has proven some good results in both modification issues.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote