View Single Post
Old 07-09-17, 10:22 AM   #4921
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you need to free more system resources, there are little "game starter" applets that can kill Windows processes as you load SH4.EXE, and then re-enable said processes when you exit from the SH4.EXE process. Caution must be exercised when using them, and I'll tell you right now that a Win10 user may well end up with a black screen, flashing cursor up in the upper left corner. If used, you definitely want one written for your OS. LAA should suffice for most systems, probably in the 99% of Windows users range.
This is precisely why I run Smart Game Booster 4 just before starting SH4. I have customized it to end processes and a few services that are not needed by the game, including updates and some monitoring features. You can tell it exactly what to stop and what to ignore. The effect is to free up more memory taken by processes that are not needed. After closing the SH4, all I need to do to restore the system as it was prior to the Boost process is to left click on the Game Booster icon, left click on Restore, and everything goes back to where it was. I've been using it for months now, and before that GameBooster 3, with no complications. It works well on my Win7 OS. Can't say what it might do on WIn10. It is a free download, but I don't have the link. I'm sure it will show up on a search.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote