View Single Post
Old 07-07-17, 11:03 PM   #1
Dez Tag
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Cant get game installation to start, have trawled forums

Hi all, just signed up for an account, remember viewing this forum years back when I first tried Silent Hunter. Got a better system now so I'm going for it!!

So, background. I own the Silent Hunter Collection on GamersGate. The game version on downloaded is 1.3. I managed to install my copy of SH4+Uboats years back on an old laptop no worries.

My Current Laptop: Windows 10 Home, i7 6700, GTX 960, SSD and HDD. Game download is on SSD.

What Happens: I load the application, it shows me the options (play, install, register ,manual etc.). When I click Install I instantly get an error "Could not run SetUp Program". I've tried running with compatibility modes Windows 7 through Vista, as administrator and disabling scaling on high DPI. I've tried to run the application from my HDD, same result. This is also happening for SH 4 Uboats and SH 3.

I downloaded another game from my GamersGate library of a similar vintage and the installer on that works fine.

It seems like everyone else only runs into woes once the installation is complete...

I havnt installed Tages (because, well, f that program). The read me says nothing about having to install Tages pre-game installation. Might that be my issue? Looking for conformation before I commit such a sin to my lovely new laptop

Cheers in advance for the help,
Dez Tag
Dez Tag is offline   Reply With Quote