View Single Post
Old 07-13-15, 06:09 PM   #1
SquareCanine
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo Angles/Reliability and GFO

I finally got tired of some of the bugs in SH4, and upgraded to v1.5 to have slightly fewer bugs (like, now I don't need to start at Midway, because crossing the dateline no longer breaks the TDC). This has enabled me to install the GFO mod, and for the most part I really like it.

My biggest gripe is the torpedoes. I'm not going to defend the torpedo stats in the base game because they have almost nothing to do with reality. However, while GFO is certainly a more accurate portrayal, there are certainly mistakes, such as removing the improved performance with the slow speed setting.

At the end of the day, I created my own stats that compromise between the spirit of GFO, and my desire to not fire full spreads at everything.

But I am wondering if anyone can point me to more detailed numbers on not only the Mk 14, but the other torpedoes?

In particular, I am interested in impact angles. As I understand it, only the Mk 14/23 has the problems with the contact detonator. I am wondering what the 'reliable' impact angle for this weapon actually was, since "acute" is not exactly specific. I am assuming the Mk 16 and 18 never had this issue? I am also wondering about depth keeping ability of the Mk 14/23 post fix, as well as for the Mk 16 and 18 models.

While I have peoples attention, I am wondering what files I should be looking for to see alterations made to my periscopes and stadimeter. I dislike not being able to set the range manually on the dial, and I dislike the scale being wrong even more (and it's way off, often around 1km). Even if I need to revert to 4x zoom, I want a working periscope/stadimeter pair.
SquareCanine is offline   Reply With Quote