Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-22-17, 04:29 PM   #5068
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The newer v0.63 does have some "fixes" that while not imperative, it is what we are working on now, so it would be best to update to that. I'm not sure about using a "Save" from v0.62 though... we did have a couple vessels with bad Type= numbers on them, but it was only 3 separate instances, and the odds would be in your favor. However...

did you "say" earlier what your video card was, and what you're running Windows at, resolution-wise, what the "native" resolution of your monitor is, and what resolution and refresh are you running the game itself at?... You must remember that at its base, you are dealing with 2005 game graphics (SH3), and actually, the development of what Ubi used is probably just a step above SH2, which came out in 2001... The newer computers, especially with the newer cards, can breeze through the rendering, but some of the settings do have to be "just so". I'm not sure how much the Nvidia tweaks to SH3/SH4 thread would help here, but it might give you some ideas. Just do one thing at a time though, and test. Then change something else and test. Most of those issues are long-gone (thankfully), but it's looking like you've got something going on with the reflection render... maybe... The use of "nVidia" above also applies to "ATI"... There is another thread on the site somewhere here where someone really gets into the "needs" of the game, but I do not recall the title of it, nor who posted it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote