SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV
I just have been waiting for someone to say that.

Realism is one thing, waiting for 8 weeks ingame in straits like between borneo and celebes without seeing a single ship is another thing.
Maybe just unlucky? With careers out of Brisbane or Fremantle, I always run into at least 2 or 3 targets in choke points before I even get close to my patrol area with RSRD.
Wish I could say that. Last 3 patrols I have had zero contacts, even in the choke points in straights. I have had to end my missions by going into harbors and sinking merchants at anchor. Rabaul only had 1 coastal patrol boat and I sailed right under its keel without it even detecting me and my sonar operator never ever reported it. Only reason I knew it was there was to go to sonar station myself, track it and raise my scope to ID it. No other destroyers at Rabaul in Dec. 43?
BTW my sonar man finally did report it after I had past it by 2 nm's and it was behind me. I'm suspecting my sonar operator is a traitor, which is why I started checking the sonar myself. Same with radar. I can see ships on radar that my RO want report to me until I am practically on top of them. Even then its usually the deck watch that spots them first.
The skills on the RO and SO's are pretty high. Two being 100 Leader, 150 Electrical, and 150 Watcher ( cost me alot ) the others being 133 to 144 Elec / Watch with around 60-70 leader.
Also, my patrols start with a task force out of Milne Bay.

Last edited by SgtWalt65; 03-03-08 at 06:27 PM.
SgtWalt65 is offline   Reply With Quote