View Single Post
Old 03-16-11, 10:26 PM   #82
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
sure do. The effect that is played when the DC explodes could be changed to point to either:
- a new type 4/100 node that has a bold effect tied to it that lasts for say 2-3 seconds or
- straight to a bold effect with a lifetime of 2-3 seconds

That's what I would try first
These I already tried. But the game just CTD when a DC explode. After some time looking at others possibilities to tie the bold effect, always without success, I start to think what I exposed above: probably the game donīt allow us to have a virtual full working objects that are primarely destinated to the player use (torpedo and bold), differentely from AI objects like bombs, DC, etc. In my tests any Ai object worked without problems. Only bold (I didnīt tested torpedos) lead to CTD.

Well, after hours and hours trying it i give up. But as we already saw here a lot of times, perhaps someone will finally find a way to do it in some moment in near future.

Edit: So, i guess that the problem is the player "ignition" routine. IIRC when we tried virtual torpedos, they had a fixed direction, making modded virtual torpedos unuseful, showing to us that something more is needed that is hardcoded (until now); seems now that the bold also needs some hidden routine to ignite it correctly...the game donīt find it and CTD. Just a guess...